HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Our Joss and Main Event is Here and our February Donation





I am so excited! In just one hour (9PM EST) our third Curator's Event for Joss and Main goes live! I have thoroughly enjoyed our last two, but I have to say this one is my favorite! There are three different Swedish clocks that are going to be available! Keep in mind the one style we had last time sold out in the first minute of the sale. If you haven't already, make sure to sign up so you don't miss out!

Here is a peek from their look book on the Joss and Main website:


 I also wanted to share with you where our February donation will be going. This month we will be giving a portion of each sale to a wonderful new cause my cousin, Tamara and her boyfriend, Jeff started several months ago. I have been watching as she's been posting and have been amazed and so proud of what they are doing and this month we wanted to help out a little. Because this is something they just started four months ago I don't have a link to share but asked Tamara to tell a little bit about what it is they are doing:

Jeff and I started a monthly community outreach drive to feed the homeless in St. Louis. (In 2011, the largest numeric increase in families using emergency shelters was in St. Louis City. They reported an increase of 315 persons, a 34% change in the number of persons in families using emergency shelters. Most of these shelters kick families out during the daytime hours, leaving them no place to go.)

What started out as just making bagged lunches has spread to supplying personal hygiene products, clothing, and bus passes. At this time, we are making approximately 250 bagged lunches. In addition, we strive to supply each person with chapstick, lotion, wet wipes, kleenex, toothbrush and paste, feminine hygiene products, hats, gloves, and a bus pass.

Our goal is to continue serving those in our community that have come upon hard times by helping with some of their very basic needs. We really believe that this isn't just about "talking the talk", but "walking the walk". We think it is important to "Be Good To Each Other", because it is the right thing to do.

 Thanks, Tamara!

I hope you all have a fabulous evening!


21 comments:

  1. Dear Lillie..........Can we say Beautiful !! Why yes we can . OMGOODNESS love love love the patterns the chairs with the CROWNS (I will dream about those and be thinking HMMM must have some of those .. ) love it all my sweet friend as always WONDERFUL ... WOULD expect nothing less but awesome from your blog .. Have a beautiful day

    ReplyDelete
  2. so may beautiful items in your collection! really enjoyed viewing it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer,

    You picked some really amazing items with J and M - I especially loved the taupe grandfather clock, but alas it was sold out by the time I got to your event. Dang.
    ve be
    I may have to have that amazing bunny lamp- saw that there a few days ago and ♥ it so much...need it? Not so much, haha.

    I need a queen headboard and have been looking for weeks...the one I love costs stupid money - I cannot justify it so I am doing without.....I hate to do without haha.

    Congrats, this was a neat event.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenni you and your family are a beautiful example to all.
    "How wonderful is it that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
    Wishing you all a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jennifer,
    The Joss and Main sale was awesome! I purchased a handful of wonderful items and I cannot await to receive them in the mail! I did have a quick question...do you have any additional information about the Norwich Grandfather Clock? I see you mentioned it was made in Sweden, but if you have any additional information I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance and thank you for being a constant source of inspiration!
    -Lisa (malonestreetstudios.com ; currently under construction)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lisa! Thanks so much! I LOVE that clock too! I actually almost purchased it myself. =)

      It's a little more expensive on here but you might be able to get some more information on it: http://www.wayfair.com/AandB-Home-Group-Inc-Grandfather-Clock-30065-WZA1283.html

      Delete
  6. Hi Jennifer! Thanks for hosting such a wonderful sale on Joss and Main. I purchased a few items and cannot wait to receive them! Do you happen to have any additional information on the Norwich Grandfather Clock - such as the maker, how it operates, etc? I can't seem to find it elsewhere online and I'm trying to make a strong case to purchase it :) Thanks in advance and have a wonderful day! You are a constant source of inspiration for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lisa! Thanks so much! I LOVE that clock too! I actually almost purchased it myself. =)

      It's a little more expensive on here but you might be able to get some more information on it: http://www.wayfair.com/AandB-Home-Group-Inc-Grandfather-Clock-30065-WZA1283.html

      Delete
  7. Love everything you picked for the Joss and Main event! Do you mind sharing where you got your tall clock?
    Thanks,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna. The one in my home is from Savvy in Williamsburg.

      Delete
  8. Jennifer! I am in love with your collection. i was able to grab the norwich grandfather clock <>. I have been eyeing a Swedish mora clock replica for quite sometime now. The price is amazing! I can't believe how hard it is to find a replica at a decent price with what I can imagine the demand is. They start at $599 witihout shipping and tax, and yours was 1/2 that cost.

    It was an unplanned expense, but I couldnt pass up the amazing deal. I only wish that it came in a warmer cream color, but its nothing that a little anne sloane chalk paint cant fix anyways :)

    Again thank you, and follow your blog religiously! it will go great with next to a tufted bench similar to the ottoman tutorial that you graciously shared~

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - I almost bought it with that same thought in mind! I actually had it in my cart for a while but ended up going with the large Harrington Wall Clock. I have to admit though I kind of wish I had of gone with the floor clock. The prices on them are just so great!

      Delete
  9. I saw it! I received my email notification from Joss and Main, and went to look and surprise for me, there you were! The collection was fabulous! Great choices, all beautifully color coordinated and reasonably priced. The clocks are amazing... Well done!!!!!!!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What is the name of your February donation site? Did I miss something or was it not there. The Feb donation too me to the Jan donation????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is called the "Be Good to Each Other" Drive. I am a little confused by your second question. I clicked on the February donation link and it brings you to our Donation Page on our website just like it's supposed to where you can see all of the different places we have donated over the past year. We don't have a photo yet for February but once we do we will add it in. And as mentioned in the post "Because this is something they just started four months ago I don't have a link to share" Once they have a website we can link to then we will. I am very excited and proud of what my cousin is doing!

      Delete
  11. Beautiful collection, Jenni! I'm hoping you curate another one once we get into our house. I'm over this whole making due with what we have thing in our rental! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful collection! Love the soft tones of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU FOR DOING THE COLLECTION, I ACTUALLY SQUEALED, YES I SAID IT, SQUEALED!! WHEN I SAW THE JEFFERSON CLOCK. JUST BEFORE THE HOLIDAYS, MY NIECE, PAIGE CAME TO TELL ME SHE WAS PREGNANT, SO I AM THROWING HER THE SHOWER. SHE LOVED THE SHOWER IDEA FROM YOUR JAMIES' BABY SHOWER POST, SO I PURCHASED YOUR COLLECTION OF NURSERY RHYME IMAGES...MORE FABULOUS THAN THE PHOTOS BY THE WAY, AND WAS THINKING TO MYSELF "OK, NOW I'M GOING TO HAVE TO DRIVE THE 37 MILES TO PIER 1, WHAT ELSE CAN I DO IN WATERTOWN??" THEN I SEE THE CLOCK, I COULDN'T TYPE MY CARD INFO FAST ENOUGH. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING SUCH AN INSPIRATION AND MAKING IT SO EASY FOR ME TO PULL TOGETHER A DAY PAIGE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...