HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Monday, February 25, 2013

When Irish Eyes Are Smiling (St. Patrick's Day Chalkboard Download)



Being Irish, I thought it would be fun to do a little St. Patrick's Day vignette. First, I wrote first part of this song on a chalkboard. (The downloadable PDF file is now available in our shop).The girls have a little singing bear that my aunt sent last St. Patrick's Day and when you squeeze his hand it moves around and sings this song in a funny little voice. They think it's hilarious so when I told them what I wrote on here they both started laughing. Then Lillie chimed in, "I don't think Jason's going to let you sell this one, though, Mommy." Ummm, what? First, I tried to figure out why she thinks Jason's the boss =) and then I asked her why he wasn't going to let us sell it. She replied, "Because is says 'steals' and stealing is bad!" Of course, I assured her stealing someone's heart was a good thing.



I added some Bells of Ireland (paired with a few snapdragons) to a white pitcher.

And then made a little shamrock out of carnations. I will have a tutorial for that soon!


Above is the original chalkboard. Below is the PDF file downloaded from our shop and printed on engineering paper and framed. I am hoping to have a tutorial later this week on framing the chalkboard prints.


In preparation for two exciting things that are about to happen (one being Jamie's baby about to make her entrance into this world and the other one which we are still waiting on a few details to work out) I've been working like crazy to have quite a few blog posts ready. I still have to write the posts but I have photographed quite a few different things to share including two tutorials, three baking posts, three more new chalkboard designs, some new tufted chairs and some rearranging in our living room, and a new pillow. I also started working on some Easter decorating yesterday.

I hope you all have a fabulous Monday!

18 comments:

  1. Love it! Can't wait to see all the other new things you have to share. Do you plan to restock the bird nest pillow cover this year for Easter?
    Thanks,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do! They are printed up and sewn so should be available in the very near future!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jennifer, you have been a busy bee these days. So many projects, I can not wait to see the shamrock tutorial. Beautiful pictures as always. Greetings. Renata

    ReplyDelete
  3. adoro questi colori la grafica e molto bella complimenti per le foto lili

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Monday! Thanks to YOU it is!! Thank you sweet Lillie for the good laugh :) The St. Pattys vignette is lovely. The perfect Irish touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love to see the tutorial you keep mentioning on how to change the chalkboard prints in the frame. Then I might buy some of the downloads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tutorials take more time to write than a regular post, but I am working on it! =)

      Delete
  6. Wow! Until now, I didn't think St Patrick's day could be classy!! Love your vignette!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic...I love the vignette...Working on one for this month in that theme as I am of Irish decent (dad) and my granddaughter was born on St. Patrick's Day...We say there was a bit of "divine intervention" going on!!
    I love the chalkboard print...off to order it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your chalkboard designs are just beautiful! Your penmanship is stunning! I would love to hear how you do these designs and how you get the thin lines that look so perfect! How do you do it ? ! ! !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I use a chalk pen when I write them on the chalkboard which helps with the thin lines!

      Delete
  9. Jennifer,
    I just love your decorating style and eagerly await your post in my email. I love that you are offering chalkboard downloads for purchase, but my question is while I like the larger sizes, is there a way to make them smaller? {8x10, 5x6 etc} I didn't know if there was a way when I purchase one to make the print smaller on my own. I've bought the poster size down loads before and some I could do that with and some not.
    Thank you for your help in this matter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! They are PDF files so as long as you have a program on your computer that allows you to resize a PDF file then yes! I use Photoshop to resize mine.

      Delete
  10. Such a pretty Irish vignette. I don't decorate for St. Patricks Day, but you have inspired me to! The print music in the small frame ... is that a copy of the song?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Saundra! It is a handwritten piece of french music that my mother-in-law gave me for Christmas. I love incorporating it into different vignettes!

      Delete
  11. This is such a beautiful display for St. Patrick's Day. I love how it is understated and elegant-- often I find a lot of the St. Patrick's Day Decor to be over the top and full of glitter. I chose this post of yours as one of our top 10 picks for St. Patrick's Day decor. All of your posts and home decor choices are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...