HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Lillie and Lola's Old Fashioned New England Bedroom



We finally started to make some real progress in "Lillie and Lola's room" up at Jason's house. My original plan was to do this room pink per their request but seeing how we did their bedroom here at our house pink and just finished their very very pink playroom I really kind of dreaded the thought of another pink room. I pondered some other colors but kept coming back to the idea of sticking with a more old fashioned black and white room to go with the rest of Jason's house. (I have an updated kitchen and dining room post from his house coming soon). Because we have stuck with a palette that is strickly black, white and gray and then brought in touches of metal and wood for the rest of his house it made sense to keep the colors pretty much the same in here. The floral wallpaper helps add a feminine feel to this room seeing how it is essentially Lillie and Lola's room (and can also act as a guest room when we aren't up there visiting) but the room still flows nicely with the rest of the house. If we had used pink in here I think it would have seemed a little jarring.

Part of what helped me decide on this was when I came across this wallpaper from Wallpaper Direct. I immediately was drawn to it and couldn't decide between the duck egg blue color and the charcoal color. I knew the charcoal color would work best in his home but I also really would love to use the blue one at some point somewhere else - it is gorgeous. The wallpaper has such an old fashioned feel to it that I think works really well in his New England home. I think one of my sisters mentioned it made them think of Anne of Green Gables when they walked into it. We get asked quite a bit about where we get our wallpaper from. We've ordered our last three sets through a company called Wallpaper Direct and have been thrilled with the service. We first ordered paper for the playroom, and then the upstairs hall bathroom and now this room.

And although we still have quite a ways to go in this room I am really happy with how it's coming together. The first thing to tackle in here was painting. It's hard to tell in this before picture but walls were actually three different colors - one wall was a mauve color, one brown and one a yellowy cream color which was also what color the trim was. Jamie and Jason painted the trim Simply White like we've been doing throughout the rest of the house and then painted the walls in Soft Chamois. Then the wallpaper was added and after that I painted the beds using ASCP in Graphite, hung the curtains and made up the beds. I also painted a dresser for the other side of the room but can't find any of those pictures so I will have to rephotograph that when we are up there later this summer. 

*Here's what we still have to do in here: Add a rug, hang a light fixture (I have one from our last house that I need to fix up a little and then plan on bringing up with me) add some artwork (I already have plans for that as well) and then find a better nightstand/dresser piece for between the beds. I stole that one with the baskets from the kitchen just so there would at least be something between the beds for now but I am not a fan of how it looks so as soon as I find something better for that spot it will be making it's way back to the kitchen.


 


 







Oh and I need to pick up a second striped blanket so there can be one for the end of each bed. I was playing around with it to decide if I liked it or not which is why it is in some photos and not others. I think I do so I think I will pick up a second one for the other bed.




Source List:

Wallpaper - Wallpaper Direct, Delphine in Charcoal
Paint Color on other three walls - Soft Chamois by Benjamin Moore
Trim Color - Simply White by Benjamin Moore
Door Color - Wrought Iron by Benjamin Moore
Curtain Rods - Target
Drapery Panels - Ritva from IKEA
Beds - Passed down from my grandfather's house and painted in Annie Sloan's Graphite from Lady Butterbug
Coverlet and far back pillow - Joss and Main
Gray Pillow with the Pom Poms - Ballard Design
Front Pillow - IKEA
Little piece with the baskets between the beds - Joss and Main
White Pitcher - Target
Little Jars - White Home Market - Wilton, NH
Striped Blanket at the End of One Bed - IKEA (I plan on picking up a second one next time I am there)

P.S. And we also wanted to introduce our newest chalkboard print and download. Earlier this year we held chose one reader to pick a quote of their choice for us to design a print around. A sweet lady named Ariel won and this is the lovely quote she chose.

http://www.dearlillie.com/product/truly-artistic-11x14-chalkboard-print

http://www.dearlillie.com/product/truly-artistic-24x36-chalkboard-download



25 comments:

  1. Absolutely love the wallpaper print. Hoping my daughter likes it as well for her daughter's room.Jason is so fortunate to have your creative talents. Love the girls' pink rooms too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything you do is amazing to me…I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wallpaper is gorgeous and I love the addition of the striped blanket on the beds. This room looks like it flows wonderfully with the rest of the house...oh and I also love the doorknob!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great look with the crisp, monochrome scheme. What a lovely place for your daughters to visit! I hope you'll feature more of this New England home, I'm sure it's all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this bedroom for Lillie and Lola. Especially the wallpaper--just stunning--yet still not overpowering for little girls. Love the bedding...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This reminds me of the wallpaper we used in our old house kitchen. It was lovely, and I never got tired of the black and white. You did a beautiful job in this room!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning room, but what I really love is the dark door! Are the rest of the doors in the house painted this color & if so, what color was used on the walls & trim to coordinate? Would love to try something like this in my home, it's so unexpected yet gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! All of the interior doors are this color. We have used simply white for all of the trim, and used Soft Chamois by Benjamin Moore in this room (more info available in source list).

      Delete
  9. Oh wow... it's really really charming. I absolutely love the wallpaper, and the gray pillows look so pretty tucked in with the white bedding. Now i'm curious to see the wallpaper in the blue too. I'll have to go take a look!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. The room looks so beautiful even though you'd like to add more. Love the beds and the wallpaper. The girls must love the room! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful room!! I have a question about your twin beds. I just purchased some twin french beds for a spare room with mattress sets recently. What I didn't realize was how deep the mattresses are with the box springs. They are so high off the ground and cover up a lot of the headboard. Later I found out they sell low profile box springs. What did you use on your beds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Teresa! We just used the mattresses that our grandfather had on them, so I'm not sure what they are. They do cover the headboards quite a bit though, so I'm guessing they aren't low profile.

      Delete
  12. I just love this room! We just ALMOST bought an historic home about 2 years ago, and the owner was a decorator. My oldest had picked out a room in the home that was very much like this - a black and tan toile wallpaper with checkered bed skirts and twin beds. She STILL talks about that room and how much she liked it! Hope the girls love this one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am head over heels in love with this room. It is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous!! Did you just put wallpaper on the one wall? Love the look of the room and the striped blanket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes, we decided just to go with the wallpaper on the back wall. We painted the other three walls in Soft Chamois by Benjamin Moore.

      Delete
  15. Love this room. Can you please tell me where the door handle was purchased?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The handles were here when he moved it, so unfortunately we don't know where they were purchased.

      Delete
  16. Hi, I was wondering how much shrinkage you encountered with the Ritva curtain panels..I am wanting to use the same in my spare bedrooms & they are 3" longer than what is required, so hoping there is some shrinkage as to not have to hem ;). Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love, love this room. It reminds me of my Granny's house when I was a girl. Does matching fabric come with this wallpaper?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...