HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Sunday, April 7, 2013

A New Place to Decorate and a New Space for Dear Lillie - Jason's House (All BEFORE shots)

About a month ago I mentioned that Dear Lillie had finally moved into a permanent location and seeing how later this month I am going to finally be starting some projects there I thought I would share some photos with you! Jason is living in the two bedroom house and to the right you can see part of a structure that now contains our main office. (I took this from inside my car out on the road so it's really blurry). I can't wait to paint the front door.

Here is partial shot of the main room in that space the day we started moving stuff over. (Sorry - all of these photos were taken with my phone in a hurry with Lola and Lillie scurrying around so they are pretty poor quality but at least you can get a general feel).

And here are some photos of the interior of the house! We plan on decorating this house with a slightly more masculine, modern feel to it seeing how most of the time it will be just Jason living here, although the girls and I will certainly be making our presence known especially in the summer. =) Here is a shot of the kitchen. We've already started working on updating it. The plan is to paint all of the cabinetry white and the walls Revere Pewter and replace the main counters as well as the island countertop, and make some changes to the island. We replaced the appliances already (after these photos were taken) and plan on removing the microwave and upper cabinets above the stove and adding a hood and then eventually replacing the floor (the floor will be the last thing we do and it may not be this summer). The design plan is pretty much all figured out and we have already started on some of these projects so I am hoping to have some DURING shots in a couple of weeks and then some AFTER ones this summer for you! For now, though here is a BEFORE shot:

If you were standing in the kitchen where the island is and turned around here is the dining room. In here we will pretty much just be painting the walls (also Revere Pewter which Jason has already done and I will show you hopefully soon) and all the trim (which still needs to be done) and then replacing the light fixture and ripping up the carpet...and then of course adding furniture and accessories. =)

You go through a pair of french doors from the dining room and enter the living room which is probably my favorite room. Lillie was quite disappointed when she learned we were going to be painting the "pink" walls. She liked them just the way they were. =) My dad helped paint them recently and they are now Rockport Gray. I haven't been up to NH since Jason and my dad did any painting so I am excited to see it soon! We still need to paint the trim in here as well and I am thinking about painting the french doors black...




Seeing how Jason is a boy we are going to be putting his TV above the fireplace instead of a pretty mirror. =) In fact, he's already attached it to the wall. =)

And here is the main bedroom which we will definitely be redecorating in whites, blacks, grays and wood tones.

And this will be the guest room (otherwise known as Lillie and Lola's room). I have a pretty good idea what I want to do in here and it involves some board and batten and wallpaper and lots of pink but I am not sure I have him won over to that idea just yet.

And here is a little room that kind of passes from the kitchen the where the two bedrooms are. We will probably turn this into a little home office and add a daybed so I will have somewhere to stay. =)

Another feature that will definitely be going (but of course Lillie and Lola think is fun):

And here you can see the destruction I caused and left Jason with when I started trying out paint colors:


I can't wait to start having lots of projects and before and afters to share with you all soon!


26 comments:

  1. it's all so exciting. looking forward to all your new projects!

    what a great house. love the beams.
    molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting....what a great season for you. I know the ideas will probably be coming! Painting is always so good to make quick changes. Cannot wait to see the process and of course the finished product. Yay for you!
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute house! I can't wait to see it after you work your magic :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, it's going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great property. I too love the beams and can't wait to see all your ideas put into motion. Looking forward to seeing paint, fabrics and all the before and after photos. You have great style. Jason is so lucky his sister is so talented. : )
    Will you be using some of your wonderfulo photography for art on the walls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheryl! I am guessing there will be some photography on the walls although Jason may give me some guidelines - haha!

      Delete
  6. This looks like so much fun...I can tell you are brimming with great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute house! I can't wait to see your transformations! I know it will be so beautiful! And I can't wait to be neighbors - even if it is only for a few weeks at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE it! I would totally paint the french doors either black or some color. I just painted my interior doors a dark, charcoal gray (was going to do black but wanted to do them all and was concerned that black just wouldn't work in a couple of rooms.) I love them like this. A friend came over yesterday and was commenting on how much she loved it - how much more expensive those builder doors seemed to be. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - I want to see! Do you have any pics? And what was the charcoal color called? I really want to do it in the NH house!

      Delete
  9. Can wait to see you wave your magic wand!! It will be gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jealous! Wish you were working your amazing design skills on my house. :) Can't wait to follow all the progress and see the beautiful transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure it will be amazing! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh great! I love redos. Can't wait to see. Cute

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, baseboard heating! I miss it so much. New England memories.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful house!!! Are you using this more as a studio/ workspace then and still staying in your cute little townhouse?

    Vera

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vera. I live in VA and our main location is up in NH so the girls and I (and Jon when he is able to) will just be staying there when we are up visiting. My brother, Jason, who co-owns Dear Lillie and runs all of the business and production will be living there full time.

      Delete
  15. Looks fabulous! Can't wait to see it when you've finished! It will be divine!...xv

    http://vickiarcher.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. how exciting! Can't wait to see what you create:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh goody, PROJECTS!!! If I lived closer I'd totally help you paint.: ) Who doesn't love seeing a great "before/after" reveal!!
    Love it all, Jenni, HAVE FUN!!!
    Wish I had a friend who gets as excited about fabric and paint chips as I do!: )
    It will be fun to follow along with your progress...
    Leah: )
    P.S. YES! Go for it with the charcoal/black french doors - it will look awesome!!!
    And P.P.S. to Jason - better let Jenni do the pink room for the girls...after all, Lillie is the namesake of the blog/shop: ) PLUS - you're already getting the t.v. over the fireplace and, really, what more could you want? haha: )

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so excited to see what you do with the space! everything you do makes me jaw drop!! will be patiently waiting!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So exciting! Cant wait to follow along, and see you transform the whole house.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I love the before~ so much potential!! Looking forward to seeing how it comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the exterior and I know that the inside will be fabulous when you're finished! How fun to have new projects! xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats! Can't wait to see the afters. Its a lovely home!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...