HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Pool Family Kitchen


We've been busy up here in NH! Yesterday I photographed Jamie's nursery and also some new things in her dining room and a couple of new products. We've also been working on yardwork at "Jason's house" and today I am planning on painting the front door and then priming the kitchen cabinets - or at least getting started on them. The granite has been installed and the new appliances are in (except for the hood) and we found some wood for the island countertop, so things are starting to take shape. Even if we don't have everything done (which we probably won't) I'm hoping we will have made enough progress on the kitchen to at least take some "during" type shots before we head back home. 

In the meantime, though, I wanted to share with you some photos of the beautiful kitchen of one of our readers who I have gotten to know well. She is so talented. I know you all will love what she has done with her kitchen!

A few weeks ago we shared some of the photos that readers had sent in of their framed chalkboard prints. We shared quite a few photos of Kris Pool's dining room where she had one of our Easter downloads framed. We got all sorts of e-mails asking to see more of her home and she was kind enough to take some photos of her kitchen for me so I could share it all with you!

 














Paint Colors:
Walls are a custom color similar to Behr Gentle Rain
Cabinets are a custom color similar to Behr Seaside Sand
Island is a custom color similar to Behr Wanderer
Doors are Behr Dusty Mountain


Granite:
The dark counters are Absolute Black
The island is Delicatus White
Other Details:
Pillows:  Target, Joss and Main, Dear Lillie, and my own.   
Chairs:  Target (painted twice, recovered 3 times by now).  
Wicker bench:  Target.  
Large clock:  Target, I think.
 Baskets in cubbies:  Target
Cloche and stand and milk bottles:  Hobby Lobby
Kennebunkport sign:  LL Bean (customizable to any city)
Large ceramic pears:  Ballard Designs
 Rug:  Kohls
Scale clock:  Antique Farmhouse.com
Wonderful World print: Dear Lillie
Large iron spice rack:  custom made on Ebay years ago
“Easter” sign:  My own
Ivory marble and iron riser:  Napastyle catalog
 Ivory pitcher:  Target
Slate riser:  JK Adams online

 And here are a few pictures of her dining room:

Oh how I love that clock! =) In fact,  I am in the middle of editing photos of Jamie's nursery right now that have that same clock (which we used at her shower) in it! 


 Thank you so much, sweet Kris for sharing your home with all of us today!




38 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry! I was moderating comments from my phone and am not sure how I removed the content from your comment - so sorry! I tried to fix it but I can't figure out how.

      Delete
  2. That clock is really nice - and a great kitchen that looks like it functions very well for a family - and lots of light too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful kitchen she has! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all beautiful!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am envious of Jason! I wish you were designing and decorating my home Jennifer. The Pool's home is lovely. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a beautiful kitchen! It looks so big.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a well put together space. I just love how her cabinets soar to the ceiling!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Fondly-Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a well thought out space. I just love how her cabinets soar to the ceiling.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Fondly-Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a beauty! I love all the little decorating details but the kitchen itself is spectacular. I hope Kris will share more of her home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing the pictures of this wonderful space......so many great details !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous home! she needs a blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh she has an absolutely gorgeous kitchen and surrounding areas - just WOW.

    I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bright and cheery kitchen. Thanks for sharing.
    I have been trying to talk my son and his lady into a black and white kitchen... will be showing them this one as inspiration.
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely home! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, her kitchen is gorgeous. I love the little baskets for markers and crayons and such, and the stainless looks so pretty with it all. The upper cabinets with the glass, are wonderful, at first i thought they were windows! Your amazing prints work so well in the house too... Would love to see more of her home anytime!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am speechless, love everything...great job!

    May I ask where you purchased the clock in the dining room photo?

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an absolutely lovely home. I love that it is so neat, clean and really, really pretty, and yet you can see that it is liveable. That, in my opinion is the perfect blend! Destiny

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely kitchen, and all of the details complement the hardware. Very nice photographs as well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am speechless, I love it all. Great job Kris!


    Kris, Where did you purchase the clock that is in your dining room?

    ReplyDelete
  20. What Andrea said. :) Her kitchen is lovely, and I'm sure the rest of her home is just as gorgeous. Thanks to both of you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Simply gorgeous, it must be so wonderful to cook in that kitchen. Funny thing, I have a friend with the same name...small world.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I got a special treat in the mail today! Love my postcards and even "maybe" love more the packaging. Extra special little treat. I love them! I can't wait to order something else and see how it come packaged!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Exquisite design! Thanks to Chris for sharing her kitchen and dining room with us. I'd love to see more of her home!! FYI the clock is from Pier One.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh WOWZA! What an amazing kitchen. As I was scrolling I was hoping for sources at the end and there they are! Thank you! Now of course, I want to see more of the home :)
    XOXO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  25. Jason's house is looking great. What a fun project for you. The Pool's home is really beautiful. Your chalkboard prints looks right at home there Jennifer. I'd also love to know where to find one of those large clocks that she has in her dining room...the same one you have in Jamie's nursery. I love that clock. Thank you to Kris for sharing her home with us.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This kitchen is absolutely adorable!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a lovely spacious family kitchen, its beautiful! Thank you for sharing...xv

    http://vickiarcher.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. BEAUTIFUL! Thank you for sharing! What about her window treatments in the breakfast nook? I love the look & I have similar windows in my breakfast nook! Thank you, J Norrell

    ReplyDelete
  29. Window treatments are my least favorite thing to do, and those are really cheater treatments! The fabric is from fabric.com, and the white strip in the middle is from JoAnns. The blinds behind the fabric are set really close to the front of the window, so I didn't have any room to work with. The idea is an offshoot of the faux Roman shades from my den. I literally took the front and back pieces of fabric and sewed and turned them, making a finished piece akin to a pillowcase. Then the "pillowcase" is stuck to the front of the blinds with adhesive velcro, and the top of the pillowcase tucks in between the top of the blinds and the window frame. I put a tension rod several inches down the window, and then the fabric lays on top of and behind the tension rod to make the fold. If the blinds had been set further back in the window, giving me more room to work with, I would have made a casing at the top of the pillowcase, and I would have hung them with another tension rod at the top, but I didn't have that option without moving my blinds and having to sand and fill and paint the holes in the window casings. I hope that helps you!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am in love with this kitchen! As simple as that! *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  31. just out of curiosity, what is stacked on to of the Fisher Paykel? I am a kitchen designer and am not sure what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Kerron -- It's a warming drawer. I wanted an extra dishwasher, and the warming drawer, but I also wanted to maximize my cabinet space for storage. The appliance guy and the contractor both scratched their heads when I asked if I could have a "half" a dishwasher sitting underneath the warming drawer, and then they realized there was no reason not to. It had to drop into the toe kick space just a bit, but other than that, it wasn't a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I would love to see a close up of the molding that you used. Did you use multiple pieces of molding or a router to get the ridges on the inside and outside area of the moldings?

    ReplyDelete
  34. It would nice to be able to go to the original source. What is Kris Pool's blog's name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the original source. Kris is a photographer and doesn't have a decor blog. She took these photos specifically for us to post.

      -Jason

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...