HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Sunday, December 15, 2013

From Our Shelf To Yours (Jason's Guest Post)

There was a time when I felt as though I was becoming a familiar face here on the blog. However, the year or so that I spent making monthly contributions is now but a vague and distant memory. For those of you who are relatively new here, my name is Jason. I am the younger, more task-oriented sibling in the brother/sister team that makes up the bulk of the Dear Lillie operation. While Jenni spends her days rearranging the pillows in her guest room and her nights scribbling on chalkboards, I allocate my time in a more professional manner by responding to emails and fulfilling orders--you know, actually running the company.

Now I don't want to put words in other people's mouths, but if you were to ask the the rest of our family to describe my potential contributions to the blog, I'd be willing to wager that "fount of creativity" would be the most common response. Unfortunately though, when you work with an attention-craved despot, that wellspring is continually squelched.

In Jenni's attempt to make our family business more about herself than her family, my input has been driven to a strictly "behind the scenes" role. Gone are the in-depth sewing tutorials... Nixed are the promising new product lines... Suppressed are the heartfelt birthday well-wishes... And stamped out are the inside looks at how we run the company... But on this day we say "no more." Enough is enough. While I may no longer be afforded the opportunity to regularly grace you with home decor knowhow, I have refused to let one longstanding tradition be silenced.

And with that I give you--from our shelf to yours--my 2013 Christmas card!

Merry Christmas from the Crotty, Holmes, and Druke families!


33 comments:

  1. Oh, how I have missed you! Welcome back, Jason! Your Elf on the Shelf persona is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the BEST - great to have you back Jason!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post and the card is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful Christmas card! ! A very Merry Christmas to you! Warm Hugs, Manuela
    cemmanias.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pic! We have all missed your posts, Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Hilarious!! Missed you, Jason!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card! Merry Christmas. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY!! HILARIOUS!!!! I cried laughing so hard. Definitely been missed, Jason. Happy Holidays, Dear Lillie and thank you for all you guys do. Clarissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too Funny!!! Love the pic, the post, everything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jason, please write your own blog. I would read it every day. You are way too funny to be stuck in the stock room or up on the shelf. Any guy who will dress up in red striped tights is a winner in my book. My only quibble is that it is "font", not "fount".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! Although I must add that the use of "fount" was intentional (defined as "a source of a desirable quality or commodity").

      Delete
  12. Love a brother with a sense of humor!! You rock and the Christmas Card is priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha ha this was awesome! It seems like your brother is so funny. He must be a wonderful Uncle 😊 Lori Swearingen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hilarious! I agree with Anonymous. Your blog would be so fun to read :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it!! LOL so glad I stopped by today to see your post, Jason, you have been missed. Love your creativity and the pic! Hope to read/see more from you next year. Merry Christmas!!!
    Marann

    ReplyDelete
  16. This brings smile to my face. Happy Holidays to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jason you have a great voice for blogging. Great Christmas card. You need to guest post more often. You have been missed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad to see you back Jason!! You keep up the fight, don't back down, you tell those girls that the readers (fans) want more, MORE!! I think that they should give you atleast one guest post a month. That's not asking for much! Make them put it in writing when they make there new years resolutions. I just don't know how you do all that you do with running all the behind the scenes stuff, getting all the orders out on time all while helping out with your nieces. It seems as though there always there when your trying to get work done! They just love there Uncle Jason. Yet you never complain to us out here in blogland. You just seem to suck it all up, always keeping both your family and your fans HAPPY!!
    A loyal fan in Maryland, Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  19. I will ask the burning question........Did you have to tie up your sister prior to submitting that post or did you eloquently and oh so colorfully write that love laced script in the dead of night, which is the time all good elves do their best work? If so, by golly please don't stop......all this pretty decor needs a good dose of "reality" now and then right? God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I will be honest, Jenni was on a flight without internet access when I submitted this post!

      Delete
  20. You are a heck of a writer!! I love your posts Jason. Your sister has a good sense of humor as well I am sure....

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute and funny! Love this! Merry Christmas! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG!! JASON I LAUGHED SO HARD I THOUGHT I MIGHT PEE MY PANTS!!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...