HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Good-Bye Moose Mountain

Well, the time has come to leave Moose Mountain. We are headed out tomorrow. Jon and I got back earlier today from Manchester, Vermont. We went and spent the day there yesterday and spent the night at the Inn at Ormsby Hill. We had dinner at the Equinox and wandered around, shopped and just relaxed! It was so wonderful and soooooo relaxing (and my siblings even manged to keep Lillie entertained while we were gone). It felt like we were on our honeymoon again, even if it was only for 24 hours! Now it is back to reality. We are headed out in the morning and as soon as we get home will be busy getting back to work, sewing away, hiring our first two official employees, meeting someone to go over my books to make sure we do the correct paperwork when hiring our employees and turning the garage into a studio! Yikes! I am not sure how we are going to get that all done! I think I might be losing my mind, but we have actually decided to go ahead with our original date, so we will be open for business again on Monday, August 16th! We will probably only offer a limited number of our items for that first week or two and then as soon as we are ready will be adding in the rest of our products.

I had hoped to post the pictures from our vintage truck photo shoot tonight but am not quite done with them so instead I will post a few pics from our trip to the Chesire County Fair that we went to on Friday as well as some of my favorite pictures from our time up here in New England this summer.

First, here are some of my favorite pictures from this summer:





























And here are a few not so great shots from our night at the fair:

Lillie getting a ride from Jon at the Chesire County Fair

My younger cousin Annie and I were the only ones brave enough to go on this ride


What was I thinking? I am getting WAY too old for this. All of the kids jumped off of the ride and ran off to the next thing. I was so dizzy I could barely see straight for the next hour! It was so much fun, though!


I hope you all are enjoying your last little bits of summer! We have had the most wonderful summer but I am really looking forward to autumn. It has always been my favorite time of year and I cannot wait to see the leaves start turning and to start to feel a little chill in the air. (We have actually already had a few nights up here drop down to the 40's, but I don't think that will be happening for quite some time back in VA!)

As soon as we get settled in back home I will post the pictures from our latest photo shoot and we will also be hosting another giveaway (probably later this week). We will also be offering a small discount for our blog readers for when we reopen next Monday!

Ahhhh - and I keep forgetting! Check out my cousin Tamara's blog and her Etsy shop, Like Peter Design! She is hosting an awesome giveaway right now for this cool necklace!


 
Okay, well I will post again once we are home safe and sound! Ughhh - I am NOT looking forward to this drive!

7 comments:

  1. Holy cats, girl! That's a lot to get done in a few days! I'll be thinking of you! I am so jealous of your lovely fall. It cools off here MAYBE by Thanksgiving. Can I come visit? I won't take up much space. Maybe I'll even help out and sew a little... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your daughter reminds me of mine every time i look at your blog, except mine has blond hair. she is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that was a cool ride at the fair!
    Love your pictures, it tells a lot about how your summer has been!
    My kids have still 2 weeks off from school. if it were up to me, they'd have a longer vacation. hi,hi..
    Love, from Holland

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful summer you had with your family. Lillie is going to love and charish these pictures when she is older.

    Yay for August 16th! I have really missed browsing your shop this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures are beautiful! What a fantastic month with your family. Must be bittersweet to leave.
    So excited about your grand opening!! Safe travels to you all. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off... she is just so beautiful!!! I love all of your photos with family and friends. She is blessed beyond measure, no doubt.:)

    As for your evening in Vermont... lucky you! :))) My husband and I visited Vermont a few years ago and I have been begging to go back since. It is such a magical place. We spent time traveling through before settling in Woodstock for a few days. Queeche was my favorite stop. (Simon Pierce is calling my name:)

    Enjoy these last days of summer!!

    XO,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of the photos so very much! It feels like I am not missing out as much with everyones lives! I hope you had/have a safe trip home! Thanks so much for posting about my blog and give-away! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...