HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Sunday, August 15, 2010

We are OPEN! And there is such a place as FAIRYLAND......

Yay! We are officially open for business again! Right now we just have our Etsy shop up and running. We are holding off on reopening the shop section of our regular website for right now. As mentioned we don't have everything up yet. We will be adding the rest of our products over the next several weeks. The screenprinted items should be ready either next week or the week after. Along with women's and children's screenprinted tees we will also be offering a few totes and hoodies. We will be offering a few of the screenprinted shirts in plus sizes and if they do well, will be adding more. Unfortunately, we haven't found any plus size shirts that we like enough to do the rosettes on. If anyone has any suggestions to where we can find some wholesale please let me know. We also have some maternity shirts with rosettes officially in the works. We found a great high-end maternity company who we are getting the shirts from. We have placed our order with them and as soon as they arrive we will be adding the rosettes and will have them for sale. We haven't gotten a ship date for them yet, though, so I am not sure how long it will be.

We have also added a SALE/DISCONTINUED section to our shop. The items in this section are things that we will no longer be carrying so if you see it there it is probably either the last one we have available or one of the last ones.

Now on to Fairyland...=).......Before there was Dear Lillie I made some shirts for a bachelorette party for my sister. They had this quote on them. It is one of my favorite quotes and we have held several birthday parties with this theme (sad to say, we were in our twenties and much too old to be having fairyland birthday parties, but seeing how when we were little girls we wanted to be boys and wanted basketball themed parties, we were just making up for lost time....) Anyway here is the quote:

There is such a place as fairyland -
but only children can find the way to it. And they do not know that it is fairyland until they
have grown so old that they forget the way. One bitter day, when they seek it and cannot
find it, they realize what they have lost; and that is the tragedy of life. On that day the gates
of Eden are shut behind them and the age of gold is over. Henceforth they must dwell in the
common light of common day. Only a few, who remain children at heart, can ever find that fair,
 lost path again; and blessed are they above mortals. They, and only they, can bring us tidings from
that dear country where we once sojourned and from which we must evermore be exiles.
The world calls them its singers and poets and artists and story-tellers; but they are just people who have never forgotten the way to fairyland."

— L.M. Montgomery (The Story Girl)

For Jamie's bachelorette party I used other images from her wedding theme, but for our Dear Lillie shirts, I decided to use the quote exactly as I did for her shirts, but instead of the other images just used a simple silhouette laid over it. I wasn't quite happy with it, though, and hadn't been able to put my finger on what else it needed. I showed a picture of it to Jessica at Joyfolie, and she knew exactly what to add! She suggested a little bow. I actually have been planning on adding some jersey and cotton flowers to several other shirts with screenprinted quotes but haven't had time for that yet, so I was so excited at the bow idea. I think for this one I am going to use a long lace ribbon and have it tied in a bow in the toddler and older girl's hair. Unfortunately, I don't have a shirt printed yet or I would show you, so you will just have to imagine the bow part for now and then hopefully next week I will have one to show you and maybe even have them available for sale by the end of next week!



Well, I had better be getting back to work! Don't forget to enter "blog discount" if you make any Dear Lillie purchases from now until Tuesday night!

And definitely don't forget to enter our GIVE-AWAY for our newest (and my personal favorite) MONTGOMERY CLUTCH! (Just scroll down to the post below to enter.)

9 comments:

  1. Glad to see your etsy shop up and running...one of these days I will get me an adeleine dress...love it! Love the quote on the screen printed shirt as well. So lovely!! Hope you've had a great weekend!!

    xo
    hana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to need this shirt ASAP! :) LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps it can be one of your birthday ones?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new shirts! Also glad the store is open, now I just have to decide which clutch I want....well I want them all but I will have to settle with one now! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! I just wanted to let you know I awarded you with the "I ♥ your blog" award!
    Pick up button from my blog!
    http://madebyraki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the new shirts!! LOVE them. I love the quote- as a fellow kid at heart, I need this!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet quote & it works perfectly with the image on the shirt. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

    Congratulations on your reopening--may you have lots of sales!

    Debra
    Baton Rouge, LA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks guys! We excited to be open again! And this design is my new favorite!

    Debra - I tried to e-mail you earlier but can't seem to find your e-mail. I feel like you posted it somewhere but I can't seem to remember where. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that as soon as the screenprinted shirts are in let me know which two colors and sizes you want of the Mary Poppins shirt and I will get those on out to you! Thanks so much for entering our contest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. I love reading yours and looking at the beautiful photography. Your little one is absolutely precious and reminds me of my own!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...