HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Winner of the Clutch and a Bunch of Other Things

Wow! It has been quite a week. Except for the very exciting baby news, everything else has gone very much NOT according to plan! Arghhhh! I was supposed to have all of the children's screenprinted items back from the printers on Wednesday and then all of the women's back by Thursday. I was going to try to bring Lillie, Dana, and our new employee Catherine (will write more about her soon!) down to Colonial Williamsburg to take pictures and have them all listed Friday and Saturday. Well, that was definitely not meant to be. When I went to pick up the remainder of the children's shirts on Wednesday (I had picked up the Cuddle Bug and Model Tee designs Tuesday) they only had the Mary Poppins one done. At first I was incredibly disappointed, however, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise! When I got out to the car and opened my package I was absolutely APPALLED! The colors were completely wrong on half of them and never mind that they were the wrong colors they were also the most neon colors I have ever seen (which is completely NOT my style) and the colors were all bleeding together, the underbase - which wasn't needed - was showing through and the ink was thick, plasticy and bubbling in places. You couldn't even read most of the words. I was shocked and so crushed I almost starting bawling. I will blame that on my hormones, though =)...... I took a deep breath and called Jon. He suggested we eat out to prevent me from completely melting down, which I thought was a great idea. I was exhausted and it was late and the thought of making dinner at that moment seemed rather overwhelming. We were going to go to Five Guys which was about two minutes from where I was. Well, I got completely and utterly lost and it took me like forty-five minutes to get there and ended up on the wrong side of town. I won't bore you with the rest of my mishaps but that has pretty much been how this week has gone. Anyway, back to the screenprinting. There was no way in the world I was going to be using that company any more. What bothered me so much was not so much that they messed up, but that they didn't tell me and sent them home with me! We asked them not to print anything more and Jon went in the next morning to pick up the rest of my shirt and then I hunted around all day Thursday and found another company who could squeeze me in. I sent them all of my artwork Thursday afternoon and then I went over there Friday and was amazed! They completely understood the muted, vintagey looking prints I wanted and when we went to back they were in the process of printing an extremely detailed tiny print in multiple colors and it was flawless! Truly it was an incredibly intricate design and it was perfect! I cannot tell you how relieved and excited I am about this. Even though I was upset about the setback and the frustration of this week I think in the long run I am going to be so so so so so much happier with the end product here and quality is by far the most important thing to me. So, to bring this horribly long and boring paragraph to an end I will have a few designs available at some point next week and then hopefully will have all of them ready the following week. I am so sorry about the delay but I do think the wait will be worth it! I want to be able to be sending out a product I am proud of and I feel so much more confident about that now! And to be honest, despite all of the added stress, I actually am feeling more excited than ever about the screenprinted items because of my experience today at this new shop!

Okay, onto something a bit cheerier! We are going to be painting Lillie's room tomorrow! I am so so so so excited! After Jon saw the blog post a few days ago he started warming up to the idea. Then when I found out that they had painted their locker room at William and Mary today I was able to convince him that we certainly could paint Lillie's room tomorrow! I was even trying to figure out a way to bribe some of the boys into coming over and helping (although I suppose the NCAA would probably frown upon that) until I heard them talking about it at the team dinner we had at the Shaver's house tonight. Watching Coach Shaver demonstrate how some of them painted the trim work  made me quickly realize we were probably better off without the team helping. Hahaha! So, tomorrow Dana is going to come over and help me while Jon takes Lillie to the park and we are going to see if we can get about half of it done before her nap and hopefully the rest done after her nap and before bedtime. I was planning on using the same color that we used in our master bathroom, but am starting to think I may go one shade lighter. Her room only has one small window and it might be better going a hair lighter. Ahhh - decisions, decisions.......

On another note, we are having a sale on our Savannah Tank!
It will go back to it's regular price on Monday but for tomorrow it is only $39.95!
The dark gray and black would look great for fall and it would look really cute layered under a black cardigan!




And now for the most exciting news of the day...
the winner of our Montgomery Clutch is...


Jessica from Cotton Tales!!!!!!

Send us an e-mail Jessica with your address so we can get that made and shipped out for you! If we haven't heard from you by Sunday night we will draw a new winner on Monday.

We will be hosting another giveaway here within the next week so be sure to check back.

In the meantime, Jamie is hosting a Pink or Blue Giveaway on
The Penny Candy Blog in honor of the new baby Holmes!
Be sure to head on over and check it out!



Along with a new giveaway I also have several other new posts planned for next week. I am hoping to take some pictures soon of Dana's apartment and I need to take pictures of Lillie in several of our new Dear Lillie skirts and once her room is finished I will hopefully have lots of pictures of it to share!

I hope you all have a marvelous weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pillows ! Hope your weekend is going perfectly well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you were able to find a great company to print the silkscreen tees & in such a short time. What a stressful experience, but now you can relax and enjoy seeing a finished product you love. Cannot wait to see them!!
    So excited about Lillie's room! Looking forward to seeing pictures. Have fun painting!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMgoodness!! Jenn! I'm so sorry that that happened but so glad it all worked out!! I can't wait to see Lillie's big girl room and also the skirts!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear a mishap resulted in something better for you! Hope you aren't feeling too sick. I drank Toppo Chico all the time... something about the bubbles helped with the morning sickness :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWWWW! I would have cried!!!!! Awwwww! I am sooooo sorry but glad you found a great place!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a rough start to your week last week. It did turn out to be a blessing in disguise. I hope this week is just perfect for you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...