HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Friday, May 30, 2014

A New Light Fixture and Marble in Jason's Kitchen



Last weekend I made a quick trip up to NH to work on some projects at Jason's house. Along with working on getting the girl's bedroom ready so we can stay there on our next visit (which I will share pictures of hopefully next week) we also made some progress in the kitchen and dining room. The last time I showed you Jason's kitchen we'd made quite bit of progress but still needed to add the finishing touches. Since then we were able to purchase a marble remnant and have it installed on the island top which was quite excited about! Then I added some faux roman shades using a shower curtain from Target that I cut up. You can read a little more about the roman shade I made in our kitchen here in this post that includes a link to a tutorial. And then we were able to replace the old light with this fabulous little chandelier from Wayfair! I knew I liked this chandelier when I first found it on their website but I was a little bit nervous if it was going to be the right look in here. Now that it is up though I think it might be my favorite update in the room. And I really love how it balances out the lantern in the dining room. I will share lots and lots of before and after pictures of both the kitchen and dining room soon with lots more details but wanted to at least show a little preview today of the marble and new light fixture.




 I will have lots and lots more photos to share soon!

Source List:

Wall Color - Revere Pewter by BM in a matte finish
Trim - Simply White by BM in a semi-gloss finish
Doors - Wrought Iron by BM in semi-gloss
Island Color - Galveston Gray by BM
Chandelier - Wayfair (I think it may be out of stock right now but will update this link once I find out)
Bar Stools - IKEA
Appliances - Home Depot
Floor - Peel and Stick vinyl that looks like wood from Lowe's
Counters - Black Granite from Home Depot
Island Countertop - Polished Carrara Marble (remnant)
Little Cabinet with Baskets - Joss and Main
Metal Mail Organizers - HomeGoods
Glass Bottles on Granite - TJMaxx
White Pitcher - Target
White Lilacs - freshly cut from back yard
Glass Bottles on Little Wood Tray on Island - White Home Collection in Wilton, NH
Charcoal Color Chairs - Target
End Chairs - Pier 1  Table - IKEA
Mirror - Pier 1
Faux Roman Shades - made from a shower curtain at Target


Have a wonderful weekend!



22 comments:

  1. The light is perfect! I really can't get over the changes in this room. The marble is stunning!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason's kitchen is beautiful. Do you know the name of the new chandelier?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfection. Love the new light. Perfect for over the island.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot believe this is a guys kitchen, it's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job Jennifer! The accessories and chandelier add the perfect masculine touch for Jason - although I'm in love with them too. Have to head over to Wayfair as I'm searching for a chandelier for our master bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you have done to this kitchen. Do you have a tutorial on yourblog for the roman shades?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We don't have a tutorial for those, but you can read more about some similar ones here: http://dearlillieblog.blogspot.com/2013/11/our-faux-roman-shade.html

      Delete
  7. You have an incredible gift for pulling together colors, textures, style. I love your home and Jason's home. Your pictures, descriptions and product list are so appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous! I absolutely love the chandelier and the marble counter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey Jen, what about the sink picture I asked for? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Serephina! I'm not quite sure what you're referring to, but if its our new farmhouse sink we have a bunch of pictures of it on on the blog, facebook, and instragram over the last week or so :)

      Delete
  10. how are the peel and stick tiles holding up, especially for the kitchen area? I was thinking of doing this in my bedroom closet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jason owes you BiG time Jennifer! LoL! JK! The kitchen design is beautiful and timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The kitchen looks great. Love the roman shades and marble. Did you use one shower curtain or two for the windows? Which shower curtain is this? Live the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We just used one curtain and cut it to make the two faux shades (also some small table runners). I can't remember the name of the curtain though!

      Delete
  13. Will you be selling more of the "Life Starts Over" chalkboard prints?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will! We plan to bring them back sometime around mid-summer, in preparation for fall!

      Delete
  14. Are the white cabinets done with the same paint as the trim?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...