HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Monday, May 12, 2014

Saying Good-bye to our Old Counters and Sink




The date has been moved back a couple of times now but it looks like tomorrow is supposed to finally be the day our new marble counters go in and then hopefully the backsplash will be done later in the week, so I thought I would share one last post of our kitchen before those changes are made. Our farmhouse sink has been installed but that left kind of a mess around the whole sink area with some missing cabinet doors and some countertops cut away. I took these photos the day before the sink was installed.

;







Now if you are thinking that the counters don't look that bad in the photos above and are wondering why we are changing them I will explain. They do look pretty good and I have not photoshopped out any marks on them in the photos  above but if you look you will see that there is quite a bit of stuff lined up on the counters. That's because I have things strategically placed to help hide just how old and marked up the counters are. Here are just two photos but I could have taken a ton more that show the cracks and marks throughout the whole countertop. By filling the counters up it helped hide a lot of the marks both in real life and in photos.
Well, that's it for today. If you are new here you can read more about the first part of our kitchen makeover here.

 Source List:

Cabinet and Trim Color: London Fog in Semi-Gloss
Wall Color: was here but very similar to Simply White in Matte
All appliances are Whirlpool and were purchased at Lowe's during their Memorial Day Sale
Flush Mount Drum Shade Fixture - Lowe's
Pendants - These were a hand-me-down from my mom and they worked perfectly in here
Metal Island Cart - IKEA
Circular Mirror - Antique Farmhouse (from my sister, Dana)
Metal Baskets - Joss and Main
Dishes - Emma Collection from Pottery Barn
Chocolate Cups and Saucers - L. A. Burdick (from my sister, Jamie)
Canisters - Williams-Sonoma
Roman Shade - made by me, you can read more about it here
Table - Pier 1 years ago and has since been painted
Dining Chairs - IKEA
Oversized Chalkboard - made by me, you can read more about it here
Bench - made by me, you can read more about it here, and a tutorial here
Sectional - IKEA
Chevron Picture Frames - tutorial here
Pillows - Home Goods, Target, Dear Lillie
Tufted Chairs - TJMaxx
Script Chairs - TJMaxx
Painted Cabinet - makeover here
TV Console - Antique shop in Camden, SC
Frames above chairs - tutorial here
You Are My Sunshine Print - Dear Lillie
Runner - Home Decorator's Collection
Drapery Panels - IKEA Ritva Panels
Drapery Rods - Lowe's
Sconces - RH Baby and Child
Mirror - Restoration Hardware
Rocking Horse - RH Baby and Child
Floating Shelves - Target
Urns on Fireplace - Seasons in Williamsburg (years ago on clearance)

Have a wonderful Monday!


17 comments:

  1. I love what you've done with your home! Absolutely beautiful! What are the dimensions of your kitchen?
    Ann R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your new counters and sink...love a farmhouse sink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the current material of the countertops?? Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it already! Take my counters with you!!! laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so funny what pictures don't show! At first I was really wondering why you would change the kitchen at all, it looks so good. But yikes! After seeing those marks, I get it. Can't wait to see you new countertops and sink!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woooow!!!! I love it! You'are amazing!!!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see the new counters.....it all look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited to hear your review of marble! I've been procrastinating for over a year, I'm so afraid but love the look, I almost went with the 3-d marble laminate a month ago, but couldn't pull the trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your kitchen! I was wondering where you got that piece of white marble on your metal island cart from IKEA? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a birthday gift from my mother-in-law! I think it is from Sur La Table.

      Delete
  10. How exciting Jennifer! I know it will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm building a beach house and just had this discussion with my builder about how you can't have a chandelier over the table AND pendants over the island when the two are close together. He claimed that you need canned lights because the pendants can conflict with/take away from the chandelier. Absolutely not if you know what you are doing! You have 3 different types of fixures (I know one of them holds candles) and they all blend perfectly. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! I am wondering what color you painted the kitchen table?

    ReplyDelete

  13. Que bonito post, me he paseado por tu bloc y ha estado un regalo visitarlo, te invito a ver el mio, “ Pintar es muy divertido. Constituye una delicia observar y exprimir los colores. Espero tu visita y si no eres seguidora me encantarĂ­as que te hicieras y asĂ­ compartir nuestros blocs. Elracodeldetall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...